How to Set Up and Use the Captain Platen Kit for Heat Press
The Captain Platen Kit for Heat Press is our newest Kit! It is meant to decorate unconstructed hats, and makes the entire process of doing so efficient and effective! It is compatible with Hotronix Heat Presses, and includes the following in the Kit:
- (1) Captain Platen + Crescent Top Plate
- (1) Setup Station
- (1) Heat Press Adaptor - for Hotronix Heat Presses
- (1) C-Clamp
Setting up the Setup Station
The Setup Station is used to load the Face Mask Platen with the apparel before placing the platen on the printer. You do not have to use it every time you load the platen, however, depending on the apparel you are printing. But, most apparel types will be most successful when loading on the Setup Station first. It makes the process quick, efficient, and effective.
- Place the Setup Station on a flat, stable tabletop
- Use the C-clamp to secure the Setup Station to the tabletop's surface
- Place the Face Mask Platen on the Setup Station by matching up the pegs on the back of the platen with the slots on the surface of the Setup Station
- The Setup Station is ready to use!
Setting Up the Heat Press Adaptor
The Heat Press Adaptor is how you turn your heat press into a machine capable of decorating so much MORE than ever before! The Heat Press Adaptor comes in each of our Heat Press Kits, and has the ability to take all our specialized platens, as each one is transportable. To install the Heat Press Adaptor:
- Remove your Heat Press's standard base
- Replace it with the Adaptor in the same spot
Loading the Captain Platen
- Place your Captain Platen on the Setup Station with the Top Plate closest to you and the locking bar pushed up and away from you and lock the platen in place by pushing the platen's side knobs inward.
- Undo the back straps on the hat and slide the hat brim under the front bar.
- Tuck the sweatband, any tags, and all inner layers underneath the Top Plate and pull the hat toward you until it is laying flat, ensure the top of the hat brim is aligned with the top of the platen and the sides of the brim are aligned with the sides of the platen.
- Pull the hat's front panels taut and engage the locking bar by pulling it back toward you and locking it in place under the Top Plate.
- Tug at the sides of the front panels to get the surface as flat as possible.
- Remove the loaded Captain Platen from the Setup Station and place it on the Heat Press Adaptor
You are now ready to decorate on your hat!